Thursday 29 January 2015

Write What You See.

Hello fellow scribblers,
     I thought this time you might like to see where my inspiration for the story of the orphanage came from, so for the first time I'm including pictures, (at least I'm going to try) The building itself was called The Babies Castle and was an actual orphanage, before being turned into a care home and then a pile of rubble.
     As I've said before, the building was amazing, so atmospheric, no wonder I was inspired. From the crumbling walls and wilderness garden full of forgotten little memories, to a cobweb decorated light switch, blackened bed linen and a long abandoned tinselled tree.
     If you put all these ingredients together and have an imagination as weird as mine, you'll be surprised what you can come up with. My story is entitled 'The Last Christmas' and is a ghost story, although not a traditional one.
     I am still writing every day,(I haven't missed a single one yet) and have almost finished the second and hopefully final draft of said story. I've also decided to try and write a complete short story every month and submit it, so I've been searching the web for small press and online publications. They don't pay much, sometimes only a contributors copy, but at least it gets my name out there.
     My novel is still gathering dust, (the more I read of it, the more unhappy I am with it) Over half way through and I feel it needs, no, deserves a full re-write. I still like the story and find the subject matter interesting, but like my school work always said, 'could do better,' So pen in hand I scribble on. Its still January and I've already written more in three weeks than I did for half of last year and if I can do it, so can you. Happy scribbling.
the babies castle

abandoned
busy spiders

No comments:

Post a Comment