Sunday 26 October 2014

Prioritising (or trying to)

Hello fellow scribblers
         Today sees me frantically trying to scribble another chapter of my novel before I go out. I've decided to concentrate all my efforts on that, instead of allowing myself to become side tracked by another short story that's popped into my head.
     I've got another seven ideas for my collection (they just keep on coming) It seems like every couple of days there's a new one pushing its way into my mind demanding attention; so now I'm just writing the ideas down on bits of paper, so that I don't forget them and dropping them into an envelope to write later.
      I don't know how long it's going to take to finish my novel, but I don't think it's going to be by the end of this year, (too many work related on line training courses to do) and of course, work itself gets in the way. Imagine how much more writing I could do if I didn't have to spend twelve hours a day in that place.
      The romance is still going well; he expressed a great interest in my writing and asked to read one of my short stories, so I gave him the Tulpa. He read it through and said he loved it, (although I suspect he thought he'd better say it was good in case he upset me) Although he did confess, via text the next day, that it gave him nightmares, (which in my book is a success) and that he'd better be careful what his imagination conjured up in the future. He also said I should quit my day job and go into full time writing (I wish) He reckons, given the time, I could make it. (flattery will get him everywhere)
      Anyway that about it for now, back to the novel, good luck with all your writing tasks and remember, always let your imagination be your guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment