Thursday 2 October 2014

TIME IS SO PRECIOUS

Hello everyone,
      The romance, unlike my writing at the moment, is very much alive and flourishing. Nurtured daily by loving texts, even though we don't see each other very often, maybe once a week, twice if we're very lucky, as the shift patterns of our jobs keep us apart.
     We did go out the other day; we found a derelict, abandoned girls school. This however, although very tempting to explore, appeared impossible to get into. Part of the main building had been torn down and the whole place was a fenced off building site, (which wouldn't have posed a problem, except for the security cameras) so after much deliberation, we gave up and went to the pub.
     My poor novel has still not seen the light of day, not a single pen stroke has graced its pure white pages, although I have written a second short story for my collection. This one centres around the Christmas tree and although fairly horrific, is also, I think, quite sad.
     I have promised myself that I will pick up my novel next week, re-read it from the beginning and aim to finish it by the end of the year. (Easier said than done,) as my job is now demanding that we do one on-line training course every month for the next twelve months. Some of these courses take several hours to complete and are mind numbingly boring, but as they are mandatory, we don't have a choice.
     Today should have been my day off, but I had to spend six hours of it at work on a study day; next Wednesday would see me off again, but lo and behold, I have another study day; so much for trying to write anything.
     My friend and I are planning, later this year, (if we ever get the chance) to take a trip out to Pluckly; the most haunted village in kent and see if its ghosts are a little more accommodating than the ones in the orphanage. We want to see, (or hear) if screaming woods really does scream and if fright corner really is as frightening as people say it is; no doubt we will end up in the Dering arms public house, which is also reputed to be haunted.
     Will let you know in future posts what we found; if we ever get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment