Saturday 19 May 2018

Letting Go Of The Reins

Hello everyone,
      I am now going with the flow like a dead fish instead of trying to fight my way upstream; and so much has changed.
      I used to fight to stay in control, keep my head above water, never upset anyone, always trying to do and be the best, but no anymore. I'm tired of fighting.
     I'm not entirely sure when this happened, I think it was a gradual process, one I didn't even see coming. I've finally let go of the reins, life and all the crap it brings with it just washes over me now. There's trouble at work, staff are always bitching, back stabbing and trying to get other staff in trouble, relishing the drama and bad feelings this can cause. Certain people seem to thrive in this kind of atmosphere.
     It used to worry me....a lot; wondering when I would be dragged into it or when it would be my turn, but not anymore. I'm not sure why or how this happened. I remember listening to the bullshit that was doing the rounds one day and thinking, why are people so nasty? This is all crap, obvious lies and yet, these people are lapping it up and even adding to it with more lies, since that day I have distanced myself from most people; especially at work.
     I feel a lot better, it's as if I'm not a part of it anymore, I just observe, almost as if I'm invisible.
My writing flows better now the stress passes through me, I take nothing on board. In a few months I'm moving to the south coast, I been working hard and saving as much as I can and now I have enough for a deposit on a two bed house, I just need to save a bit more for the referencing fees.
     I've always wanted to live by the sea and now I'm going to make it happen. I've written several short stories, who knows, one day I might send them out into the world; they were fun to write and I enjoyed the process. My head feels clear for the first time in years; it's like finally being able to breathe after a heavy cold.
     I guess I've finally got the I DON'T CARE ATTITUDE and I love it.
I feel as if I have so much to look forward to, new beginnings, new hope and no baggage.
       Until next time, keep writing, and let life's troubles wash over you.
         


No comments:

Post a Comment