Friday 7 February 2014

The early years

Hello, my names Jacki and I love to write. When I was four I wrote on the toilet roll in felt pen, so my mum got me a note book and some pens and my creative door was opened.
      The handful of words I could write were sprinkled with shapes, squiggles and had the odd number thrown in for good measure, but I knew what every dot and symbol meant.
      My first story was about a family of squirrels, one of them was magic, pink and had wings. I was very much into fairies at the time as most little girls of that age are, my grand daughter included.
      If you were lucky enough to see this particular squirrel (only good girls could see it) you could make a wish on it, kind of like wishing on a star I guess. The story never got finished as far as I know, nor was it legible to anyone else, but to me it was a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment