Thursday 24 July 2014

(Ghost) HuntingFor Stories

Hello everyone
     apologies for my absence. My novel and indeed, my writing, have taken a little side step at the moment (I haven't done any) I have been side tracked by a little romance.
     I met a man after my own dark heart. I have known him for a few years, just chatting and sharing a joke or two, but he suddenly asked me out on a date, much to my surprise, although I have secretly liked him for a long time, but had no idea he felt the same way.
     Anyway, to cut a long story short, our first date was in a abandoned orphanage. Yes, you read that right; he took me to a huge, creepy haunted house and it was amazing. The atmosphere in that place was electric, very dark and spooky and kind of dangerous as most of the upper floors have gone and we had to step carefully on the joists.
     We roamed the overgrown grounds for ages before we found a way in. Most of the building had been stripped clean, but odd remnants of the past remained, bath chairs, beds, old photos and patient records, along with a few tables and chairs and a stove you cook several children in, while graffiti decorated the walls.
     We went up aged Victorian staircases and into the eves to a room labelled 'SECTION D' (who knows what went on in there) but for the very top of a building, on a hot summer night, it was very cold with an unpleasant atmosphere.
     We are going back again tonight armed with cameras, an EMF meter and digital voice recorder to see if we can get any spirit activity. The place certainly looks haunted and has a bit of a reputation for paranormal activity, so fingers crossed.
     I should be able to get a good story or two from it at least to add to my collection; the atmosphere alone fires up my creative juices and gets my imagination working overtime, (especially Section D). I will let you know of our findings in future posts and any dark stories my mind can conjure up, so until next time, unpleasant dreams to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment