Friday 11 July 2014

Onwards And Upwards

Hello fellow scribblers
     The sun is shining, at least on my novel (outside it's pouring again) I re-read a lot of it the other day and with my new found misery, have, I think, improved it greatly. There is now far more emotion and a greater depth of feeling for my main character. I've also shortened a lot of my chapters to emphasize her pain and suffering, which I think packs more of a rollercoaster ride and hopefully keeps the pages turning.
     I'm still struggling with a title though, I still can't seem to find one that really fits and expresses the story. I've cut words out from card and jiggled them around, but nothing feels right.
     I spent a lovely day with my daughter and grandchildren yesterday and as Chloe is eleven and due to start secondary school in September, I learnt a bit more about school life from a child's point of view; her hopes and dreams as well as a few fears, which will all add feeling to my writing.
     On a different matter, I was perusing the members section of writing magazine, when I came across a picture of myself, complete with blog details and a short article. I sat happily on the page amid new and published writers and to say the least (after the initial shock) I was ecstatic; so much so that I text both my daughters. Its a weird feeling though, seeing yourself on the page of a well known publication, it's just a shame I'm not more photogenic.
     Anyway, until next time, happy scribbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment